Sublime Forum

Edit tmTheme in Sublime Text 3

I just switched over to Sublime Text 3, and I am having a hard time finding the actual file to edit on the Mac. My current selection is GrandsonOfObsidian.tmTheme. But the only file within Application Data is GrandsonOfObsidian.tmTheme.cache. If someone could explain how to edit the the GrandsonOfObsidian theme colors for Sublime Text 3. I have searched for a solution but I was unsuccessful. I have tried this with Solorized (Dark) as well with no luck.

Thanks,

0 Likes

In ST3, packages are run from *.sublime-package files. These are renamed zips. However, for a theme file, I would recommend using PackageResourceViewer to open the file. Then copy the contents to a new file. Next, after you make your modifications, save the file in “Packages/User” using a meaningful name to you. Just be sure it ends in “tmTheme”. Finally, change your color scheme through the menu to your newly created one. This way your modifications won’t be overridden upon subsequent updates to that package.

0 Likes

Hey,
You are certainly the helpful type. So, is what you said explained somewhere and I just missed it/was not vigilant enough in searching?

diek

0 Likes

It’s not as clear as it could be, but it’s mentioned here. sublimetext.com/docs/3/porting_guide.html The same question has come up a number of times. Especially with the release of the public beta of ST3. I think the best thing would be to say look for similar questions on the forum as you start using ST3 more. Then post a question if you still can’t find the answer.

0 Likes

I have started looking at the forums first. I tried the forums for this one, there was nothing that seemed to match. Narrowing the results is something I have to work on.

0 Likes

I guess more accurately it’s been about modifying settings or finding package files in general. Like most searches, it comes down to figuring out the right words to search on. Well, in any case, glad to be of help.

0 Likes